Eight of us went fishing at Santa Rosa island today. A beautiful day — clear, warm and little wind. And great fishing. Had three of the kids with us: Eric, Michael & Brandon. Some highlights:
- Flying in the (loud) twin-prop plane at 120 knots and 4,000 feet altitude, then landing on a dirt landing strip on the island.
- Eric catching his first big perch (& munching on a big bag of pistachios).
- Brandon hauling in another big one (w/ a giant smile).
- Mark’s “mystery fish” (a big smelt?).
- Michael’s grub experiments (2-inch grub was the winner).
- The “big perch bite”.
- Coco’s spam musubis.
Thanks to Mark & Danny for setting up the trip, and to Mas for driving the Surburban to Camarillo Airport.