Yesterday Russell me asked how the Christmas BBQ prime rib turned out, so here’s a picture of the finished product (click to enlarge):
Some details on the beef and cooking technique:
- Harris Ranch 4-bone prime rib roast, approx. 10 lbs.
- Seasoned overnight with Lawrys seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion salt & pepper.
- Pull roast from refrigerator 1 – 2 hours before cooking.
- BBQ’d in large weber kettle using indirect heat.
- Start with 25 coals per side.
- Add 6 to 8 new coals per side every 45 minutes.
- Cooking time: approx. 18 minutes per pound.
Thanks to Fred (& Cliff) for the BBQ’ing tips!